Monday, February 1, 2010

Looking Foward to the Superbowl!

I'm looking foward to the Superbowl! My beloved New Orleans Saints are playing, and hopefully they will win. :D

Today it's a cloudy and cold Monday here in Arlington Texas. It's not even 45 degrees outside! I usually hate cold cloudy days because they usually turn out to be dreary and boring. Have you ever noticed that? Normally, the most dreary, sleepy felling days are cloudy, and possibly cold. This is a happy day though. This evening I teach my first ESL (English as a Second Language) class at Grace Community church here in Arlington. If I haven't mentioned before, I'm a French/Russian major and I love languages! I really enjoy teaching English, or other languages for that matter! So tonight I try my hand at English teaching. I'm really excited! I will be teaching an English 2 class of about 6 or 7 people, so it's kind of nice. I don't have to worry about having a large class or anything. Most of the people I will be teaching are from Mexico or Vietnam! :)

Aside from teaching English today I'm also going to do a personal training fitness test at the MAC (Maverick Activity Center). It's a gym on campus for us UTA students, a place to work out and I am going to begin the process of getting a personal trainer! It's kind of exciting honestly. I could benefit from a personal traner, it's kind of hard to work out in a gym when you can't see any of the equipment or how it works. This could be quite helpful for me.

A side note, in about 3 weeks somebody from the guide dog school will be in TX, I might do my home interview thingy then, I don't know for sure, but I'm excited about the prospect of that! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment