Wednesday, March 24, 2010

my trip to Colorado

Ok. I realize I am a little slow updating my blog. It's Wednesday and I've been back from Colorado for 5 days and I haven't written about it yet! Well, now I'm sitting down and writing about it.
The Friday before spring break I started to feel sick, you know, the coughing that happens when you are about to catch a cold. I took some medicine and kept getting ready for the trip. We left for Colorado on Saturday afternoon at about 1:30 or so. The trip was rather uneventful, I pretty much slept for the first several hours. After sleeping I played with my iTouch a little bit, thank God for iPods I don't know what I would do without one! After getting bored with that I got on my laptop and read a book. We stopped at about 9:00 in a town called Dumas, north of Amarillo in the Texas pan handle. Sunday morning I felt sicker than I had the day before, so I drank some hot tea and took medicine and we left Dumas. We drove up through eastern Colorado to Denver and then west through the mountains to where we were staying. Since we left at about 7:30 in the morning, I slept my way through Oklahoma and part of Colorado. We hit Denver at about 12:30 or so, keep in mind we gained an hour when we crossed into Colorado. We met up with some friends in Denver and continued west to the mountains! It began to snow in Denver and we continued to see snow for the rest of our journey. We went through the Eisenhower tunnel. It's this tunnel out west of Denver that is like a mile or more long. The tunnel literally goes through a mountain and on the top of the mountain there are ski runs! So we drive through the tunnel and over the top of us on the mountain people are skiing! I thought that was pretty neat. We arrived at our destination at about 2:30 in the afternoon.

We stayed in the house of a friend of a friend. This was the nicest house I have ever been in in my entire life! It was a 4 story house on a hill with 2 levels of a basement. You could practically have your own floor! It was definitely a multi-million dollar house. I mean, it was so nice that the floors were heated! We had a beautiful view of the mountain and the ski runs!

I didn't feel very good on Sunday, as I mentioned before, so I slept when we arrived. On monday my dad and brother John went skiing, I was supposed to go but I didn't go because I was sick. They had fun from what I hear. :) I finally felt better on Tuesday morning so my parents decided to go up to Vail which was about 20 minutes from where we were staying. For those of you who have never been to Vail or that area, Avon, where we were at, is about 9,000 feet high in elevation. Vail is about 11,000 feet high. When we went to Vail I got altitude sickness. We had to get off the mountain and drive back to Avon. I spent the rest of the day recovering from that. Let me tell you, there is nothing like being altitude sick! I have never felt so sick in my entire life! Not even the flu compares to what I felt like! I almost passed out. I finally got over it and Wednesday I felt good. I never did go skiing, I didn't want to go back up to the mountain after Tuesday. lol We left on Thursday and drove directly home because Dad wasn't feeling very well. We stopped in Denver on the way back and met Mom's best friend Amy and her family. It was great getting a chance to see them and spend some time with them. I love Amy she's awesome!

We arrived home at about 5:00 Friday morning. I slept until 3:30 that afternoon then watched the NCAA tournament. I basically spent the week end recovering, I was still sick with a nasty cold, and watching the tourney.

I love the NCAA basketball tournament, March madness and all that goes with it! I think it's greatness! My dad and I went to Buffalo Wild Wings on Saturday afternoon to watch basketball. We have to go at least once a year!

So there's my Colorado story. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment